Ever try to get a cute couples shot, but it turns out awkward? The couple just stands there stiffly, or they do the traditional “prom pose”? How do you get couples to look natural and like they are enjoying each other without them tensing up in front of the camera? Here are a couple of ideas for you to try:
1. Tell them to “snuggle”. It’s a good idea to have them somewhat posed first, then by telling them to snuggle, they usually get closer and connect in a way that is natural for them.
2. Get them laughing. Getting them to laugh a little bit right before you shoot is a great way to catch them being natural.
3. Get the right kind of kiss. Seeing lips stuck together isn’t always fun for others to look at in a photo, but a sweet forehead kiss, or noses’ almost touching is magic!
4. Another way to get a natural looking pose is to be sure they are touching each other, coach them as you have them gaze into each other’s eyes. This is sure to get them relaxed. How many of you can have a stare down without laughing hysterically before it is over?
5. My all time favorite is to have the couple sit very close and whisper softly to each other. I don’t even want to know what he said to her! But isn’t that just the cutest?